Did you know that bitter gourd or karela is not really a vegetable but a fruit. Bitter Gourd Juice Benefits is used for consumption and for various medicinal purposes is the fruit of the sour squash. While we’ve been so busy reproachful its bitter flavour, we’ve not only unnoticed this fact but also the wide range of bitter gourd juice offers.
Bitter Gourd Juice Benefits for Diabetes
It also recognised as bitter melon, can be beneficial for monitoring diabetes due to its blood glucose lowering effects. It can prevents insulin resistance.
- Drink some bitter gourdjuice on an empty stomach every morning. At start remove the seeds of two to three bitter gourds and use a juicer to extract the juice.
- Add some waterand then drink it. Follow this treatment everyday in the morning for at least two months.
- You can involve one dish prepared of bitter gourd daily in your diet.
Health Benefits of Bitter Melon or Bitter Gourd
Helps in maintaining blood sugar levels
- It includes an insulin-like mixture called Polypeptide-p or p-insulin which has been shown to control blood sugar naturally.
Maintains Insulin Level
- It benefits in improving the glucose tolerance without any noticeable increase in the blood insulin level.
Thus, high sugar concentration in the blood increases the risk of both Type I and Type II diabetes which further surges the risk of oxidation and inflammation in the entire body, ultimate leading to blindness, diabetic feet, stroke, heart attack or kidney disease. Bitter gourd can prevent all these illnesses not only by lowering blood sugar levels however also through its antioxidant properties.
Facilitates Carbohydrate Digestion
Bitter gourd inhibits the enzymes that are involved in fragmenting down the disaccharides to two monosaccharides, thus decreasing the quantity of glucose released into the blood. Bitter gourd is effective in the treatment of both Type I and Type II diabetes as it impacts the transport canals for glucose. This is mainly helpful in preventing the spikes in blood sugar levels after meals.
Improves Glucose Utilization
- It has antihyperglycemic stuff owing to the obtainability of charantin and momordicin.
- It aids in enhancing the peripheral glucose utilization and increasing serum protein levels.
Protects from Diabetic Complications
- It offers help in defending from the diabetic complications by reducing the harmful effects of free radicals.
- Eating karela on consistent basis accelerates the pancreas to conceal more insulin thus helpful for diabetic people.
- Taking karela powder with honey or water helps in curing diabetes. Drinking its fresh juice on daily basis also help.
Drinking a glass of bitter gourd juice in the morning on an empty stomach can greatly help in lowering blood glucose levels. To reduce its bitterness, you can immerse the peeled bitter gourd slices in water with salt or turmeric for 15 minutes. Then remove the pieces from water and grind them with water along with a few drops of lemon. Sieve the tough part and drink on an empty stomach. For the additional advantage of boosting your immune system, you can try adding half a piece of amla or Indian gooseberry to the juice.
Side Effects, Precautions and Disadvantages
- Bitter Gourd Juice Benefits should not be consumed over 2 bitter melons a day as it may cause abdominal pain and diarrhea.
- Bitter Gourd comprises some alkaloids (quinine, morodicine, etc) which are usually unbearable for some people.
- It may also stimulate menstruation thus excess use should be avoided.
Submit your review
The article is good and I shared it to my parents and inlaws as they are diabetic. Now they have started regularly on Karelia in their recipes and also following this blog for health related updates thanks vitaminhaat